Finance and Policy Meetings
The general objective of the committee is to ensure the parish council operates sound financial and risk policies in line with Redbourn Parish Council Standing Orders, Financial Regulations and audit recommendations.
Specific activities include:
- Review, amend (as required) and approve the parish council Standing Orders and Financial Regulations
- Agree overall budget based on input from other committees
- Recommend to council the appointment of the RFO (Responsible Financial Officer) to oversee the council's financial affairs. (The RFO will normally be the clerk)
- Monitor and review (financial) risk management and risk assessments in line with Redbourn Parish Council's Risk Assessment Policy
- Monitor and review investment performance
- Ensure annual accounts are prepared on time and submitted to the auditor, ensure that annual audit statement is completed, and report and act on the auditor's findings
- In conjunction with the clerk / RFO, ensure that proper records are kept of the parish council's properties and significant assets in an asset register
Agendas and Minutes
Issues discussed and decisions made at Finance and Policy meetings are recorded in agenda's and minutes which can be found in our council Meetings Calendar. Here you will find all papers associated with each meeting linked to the calendar entry.
Alternatively all of our documents are stored in our Document Management System (DMS) so you can also view our agendas and minutes this way too. You can set the filter to select documents of interest.
Finance and Policy Terms of Reference
To find out in more detail about what the Finance and Policy Committee is responsible for please click on the terms of reference document below
Finance and Policy Terms of Reference 2019 05 08 (PDF, 202 Kb)
Full list of responsibilities for this committee