The Fireworks working party is formed of a small group of local resident volunteers, a parish councillor representative and administrative support in the form of the deputy clerk.The committee in its current form has been responsible for organising the village display for almost 20 years now, each year seeming to be bigger and better than the last!Committee responsibilities include:
- Meeting on a bi monthly basis
- Ensuring that all the relevant services are booked in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that road closures paperwork is completed and filed and that the relevant traffic management services are booked.
- Sourcing sponsorship and raffle prizes to ensure the event remains sustainable and self funding.
- Completing the relevant risks assessments
- Rallying volunteers for assistance on the day.
The committee is actively looking for new volunteers having seen their numbers decrease in the last couple of years due various reasons. So if you would like to get involved do get in contact with the deputy clerk