Skip To Main Content

Working with the Community since 1894

Redbourn Museum (Silk Mill House)

Redbourn Museum is located in Silk Mill House so called because it is all that remains of Woollams Mill, a steam driven silk mill which occupied the site from 1857 to 1938. The mill was demolished to make way for the huge Brooke Bond tea packing factory which itself closed in 1994 part of the site was used for housing which became the Silk Mill estate.

The building is owned by Redbourn Parish Council but the museum is managed by the Trustees of Redbourn Village Historical and Museum Group Ltd and is staffed entirely by volunteers and has been running since 2000.

Photo of front of Redbourn Museum with entrance gate framed by tree

Redbourn Museum

Last updated: Fri, 31 Jul 2020 11:52